12.03.2006

Christmas Tree!

All my life (practically) my family has always had fake, but beautiful Christmas trees. I don't know what it is about them, but I really, really love fake trees. They are so perfect looking, they look the same year after year, and they don't make a huge mess.

Well, all that has now come to an end, now that I'm married. See, Erin is from Idaho, where when it gets to be Christmas time, they just go out into their backyard, chop down a tree, and toss it in the living room. Erin has never had a fake tree. Always real. And when it came to deciding between a fake tree and a real one, well, we got a real one.



This is the tree we picked out. It is gigantic :) Actually, it's supposedly 7' tall, but that's just because it has this pointy thing sticking out the top. It's a Noble Fir, which I understand is a "Top Notch" tree.



Erin was really excited! We managed to get the thing into our new car (Which I'm just realizing I haven't told you about yet! More on that later). Seriously, Erin was so excited. It made the whole thing worth it! She was bouncing up and down the whole way home. And if you know Erin, you know that means she's a happy camper!


This picture cracks me up. We have such a small little apartment (it's really quite awesome though) and here's our 7' Christmas tree next to our big screen TV. I don't know why it makes me laugh so much. Yes, those are stuffed bride and groom snowmen on top of the TV, for those of you who were wondering!

0 comments :