12.01.2006

So Fast!


Last night I built my new computer, finally! And let me tell you - it is so stinking fast! As some of you know, I had some issues with my old computer, it was way to slow to keep up with my workflow. I mean, it was a 2gHz Athlon based machine, but that wasn't enough to satisfy the power-hungry Photoshop, Bridge, and Lightroom that I use for 99% of my photography work.

I built the new machine around Intel's new Core2Duo chip, the latest in dual core hyperthreading technology. All the specs said this thing was fast, but I couldn't have imagined, until I put it all together! Just to give you an idea, in Bridge, applying a fairly complex camera raw setting to 100 images took about 20-25 minutes.

I did it last night in about a minute. Boo-yah!

It's going to be an editing frenzy this weekend, and I edit all the things from the past few weeks that I'd been holding off for the new machine to edit.

0 comments :