7.13.2007

Painting with Light

The other day when Josh, Reuben, and myself went to see Die Hard, they ran a Sprint commercial during the previews that absolutely blew me away. I'd seen images of people "painting with light" where you leave the shutter open on your camera for longer than normal, and then move a flashlight or something around, so you get these cool streaks.

Anyway, so this was a whole video that appeared to piece together thousands and thousands of such frames into a video. The three of us argued about it for a while. Reuben and Josh insisted it was CGI, but I held fast to that it's totally real, and hand made. And this blog post is about me being right. That, and sharing something totally awesome with you!

The group of artists that did this do a bunch of stuff like this, and they are named "Pika Pika." Here's their website (it's in Japanese).

Ok, here's the video:



AND, here's the making of the video:

1 comments :

Stacy Cross said...

"And this blog post is about me being right."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :) That is so funny! And I loved the videos - thanks for sharing. I always thought that commercial was awesome.