12.05.2007

Why I love the 50mm f/1.4

So I'm up to my eyeballs editing images for all my awesome couples so we can get prints out in time for Christmas, so I'll make this brief. I thought this set of images was interesting because what I did is I took the first image with my 24-70 f/2.8L and then realized I really wanted to use the 50mm f/1.4 so I have side-by-side comparisons of the same shot, with the two different lenses! I thought it would be fun to post it up here.

I've actually been asked a lot recently by photographers about the 50 1.4, and what I think of it...see below -- I love it!! If you are a photographer, and you need some stuff for your Christmas list, ask for this lens!

This is Andrea & Scott, and they are AWESOME! They're getting married in Temecula next year. Stay tuned for more images from their SICK shoot down in Coronado.

Disclaimer- I totally botched the focus on the first image with the 24-70, so I'm sorry for that. That lens is actually pretty dang sharp :) These are both straight out of the camera.

Canon 24-70 f/2.8L @ ISO 200, 1/250, f/2.8 (it's out of focus, I know, I'm a moron)



Canon 50 f/1.4 @ ISO 100, 1/400, f/2.0



Oh, and one more thing. Why do I look so retarded when I take pictures? This is why it's great getting to shoot with Erin - she has a knack for taking pictures of me where I look like a dork. But hey, at least I've got my stylish ShootSac to make up for it :)



How cute are they, anyways?

3 comments :

Stacy Cross said...

Love them! I love my 50/1.4 too - I got it because of you, you pusher! :)

Brandon Williams said...

Great images!!! Your use of light is amazing!

Anonymous said...

the 50/1.4 is a very very nice sharp lense i have to agree its one of my favs.

Beautiful use of light and the beautiful eyes also help.