1.21.2008

Jeff & Nicole | Wedding

Yesterday I got to shoot an AMAZING wedding for Jeff & Nicole at the Prado in Balboa park with Dane Sanders and Micah Gilmore, and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The weather was perfect, the setting ideal, and the entire wedding party was a BLAST! I've always said that the tone of every wedding is always set by the wedding party - and the tone that this group set was super meaningful, and fun at the same time. Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the day; I know there's a lot but hey - I like pictures, so I like showing off a lot of them!

Side note- blogging a wedding the day after aren't you guys proud of me?

I got to hang out with Nicole while she was getting ready while Dane & Micah went and hung out with the guys for a bit - as you all know, I'm a sucker for eyes:



Her gown was gorgeous - even though I just met Nicole yesterday, this dress was so her and she looked radiant in it!





Loved that the florist brought the flowers in these cool old fashioned hat boxes! Dawn from Embellishmint Decor and Floral did such an incredible job with the florals - you NEED to use her for your wedding!



Jeff & Nicole saw each other before the ceremony, which is always a really cool moment. There was so much emotion and tenderness in this moment- just look at their faces....





I loved how she couldn't keep her eyes off of him...




Nicole's veil was perfect...



Don't you just love how he's grabbing her by the dress? Yeah!!! I was like "alright you two, get passionate!" We all laughed pretty hard!



Nicole hired models to be her bridesmaids.... j/k! Aren't they all gorgeous?


The guys looked so dang good. They even had white gloves! I kept trying to score an extra pair, but they couldn't find one. Whatever, they just didn't want me to be as cool as them :)


Hilarious!


I love this shot of Nicole up on the balcony. You wouldn't know it, but I had some crazy tourist standing right next to me shooting over my shoulder for this one! So funny!


Wow.


I kept going back and forth between the black & white, and the split tone...which one do you like best?




The guys having a cool moment before the ceremony...


Proud dad, loving daughter...




Again, loved the gloves!





At one point, Dane stole my 24-70L, and so I stole his 50 1.2L and got a few shots off before he took it back! Umm, that is a SWEET lens! I still love my 50 1.4 though... (the two shots below were with the 1.2)



This is great because Jeff & Nicole are totally having a sweet moment, and just so happy and excited after the ceremony, and the bridesmaids are going to town bustling her dress! So great :)


So cute!


Confession: totally stole this shot from the lovely and talented Jasmine Star.


Such a cool, vintage feel. I just feel so wrapped up in the timelessness of this image...







The reception was GORGEOUS, I'll try to post some of that later! Susanne Duffy of Crown Weddings did an absolutely magnificent job of making the day so perfect & wonderful!

Nicole & Jeff - thanks for letting us share your day with you! Your love for each other is incredible, and your excitement for life is contagious! Let's hang out when I come to DC next month!


Venue | the Prado at Balboa Park
Flowers | Dawn of Embellishmint Decor and Floral
DJ / Music | Unity Sounds
Coordinated | Susanne Duffy of Crown Weddings

11 comments :

Stacy Cross said...

You. are. good. These pictures are awesome! I love all of the portraits of the two of them - and I think they'll always be happy that they saw each other before hand so that they could spend so much time with you getting those pics! Way to go!

Dennis Bullock said...

Wonderful stuff Jeff....you guys did a bang up job and look like your clients really enjoyed themselves. Looks like you have a crazy set of groomsmen there which is always fun.

Jeff said...

Stacy- Thanks for the kind words! You're right, I think they LOVED seeing each other before. So many couples think that it's going to ruin the surprise and emotion, when in my experience it always intensifies the wonderfulness of that first look!

Dennis- We definitely had a fun time, and it didn't hurt that the entire wedding party was a bunch of fun people! So great!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful images! How great that 50 years from now that they will have these to look at & remember.

Thanks for sharing them.

Micah said...

Jeff...you just rock. period. i'm lovin all your work. let's do it again.

Jennifer Disney said...

My goodness! I love your work! Everything looks just beautiful. I'm amazed!

Armin de Fiesta said...

Jeff, found you through Dane's blog and thought I'd spread the love. Great shots here Jeff! The colors and light was sweet. I'm diggin' the sepia tones. Give me a shout when you come to DC!

Christine Tremoulet said...

Just stunning! What great work!

Jared Bauman said...

absolutely stunning shots jeff, wish i could have been there :)

Kelly Park Photography said...

Jeff, these are beautiful! I love weddings at the Prado, you captured it all so well :)

Mike Larson said...

sweet images on your blog here!