3.22.2007

The Important Things...

Yesterday I got to spend a few hours with my friend Meagan from Collages.net, who was in town for a few days before WPPI. We talked a lot about all the things that are going on at Collages, and about all the new products that they are going to be offering to us photographers in the near future!

I'm really excited because I'm all about outsourcing things so I can have more free time, and with some of the new stuff they are doing, I'll be able to do that more. Which allows me to spend more time doing what I love with my business - taking pictures and getting to know people - and less time on the boring, time consuming parts.

My tendency has always been to try to do everything myself, not just with my photography, but with everything. I've historically had a hard time letting go of things so that other people can do them, but now I'm realizing how important that is. The times when I've tried to do everything myself has left me tired, and worn out, and has made relationships suffer. I think it's important to realize that we have friends and family and other people for a reason - we aren't meant to go at this life on our own, you know?

What's something that you do all the time that you don't necessarily need to? What can you outsource?

0 comments :