6.28.2007

A great way to blow $500


So a few days ago, my cell phone started acting strange, like when folks would call me the phone would connect, but I couldn't hear them. Unless I put them on speakerphone - kind of strange. So anyway, I call up Cingular today finally and they say oh your phone's defective, we'll send a new one out to you straight away.

I'm like "Sweet!" and then they connect me to some other tech guy and he has me check some things and it turns out they've got this moisture sensor on the inside of the phone that turns red when it is exposed to moisture. Guess what color mine is? Red. Guess what color voids the warranty? Red. Bummer. Apparently being in abnormally humid conditions can cause this sensor to turn red.

I'm so bummed out, but I'm not giving up. I stinkin' love my phone, it's so great because it's small and compact, yet it runs Windows mobile and syncs with all my e-mail and calendar automatically so I know what's going on, all the time.

Does anyone else think this is coincidental that my phone breaks the day before the iPhone comes out? Hmmm. Hopefully I'll be able to fix this darned thing :)

1 comments :

Unknown said...

You know it has to be a conspricy!!!