2.25.2007

I'm Here!



Wow, what a day. This is the view from my 21st floor room here in Cambridge, Mass. It is absolutely beautiful-the buildings in the foreground is MIT (some mom-and-pop trade school out here)

It seems like it took me forever to get from San Diego to Boston, but I've finally arrived, and it feels good. I've unpacked all my stuff (that's a habit I get from my dad- I do it as soon as I get in the door) and I'm sitting here in my beautiful hotel room...it's nice to relax...finally.

It was all just another normal trip, until I showed up to the San Diego airport. The line for United was longer than I had ever seen it before. Ever. And I travel a lot. The line was looooooooooong! Luckily, I had checked in online last night, so I was all set for that, and then I just had to wait in this super short line to give them my bags. That was good, because I definitely didn't show up early enough to have been able to wait in line and still make the flight!

I had to fly through Chicago O'Hare, which was nuts. There was about .5 mile visibility, which meant I didn't see the ground until about 5 seconds before we landed. That was fun. There were delays leaving due to weather, but eventually we got going, and I think the pilot "floored" it because we were only about an hour late to Boston, even though we left Chicago 2 hours late!

My friend Christy helped me book a car to take me from the airport to the Hotel, and it was so awesome! I had to go to where all the Limos and stuff were, and when I got there, there was a guy with a sweet SUV waiting for me, with a big sign that said "J. Youngren." I would have taken a picture of it, but I think that would have ruined the moment. It was sweet though.

Time for bed. Night night!




Sweet.

3 comments :

Gina Youngren said...

Hey Jeffipoo!!!
Glad you are there safe and oyur luggage made it! Ron always says he is safer in the airport/airplane so just be careful walking across the street! Be sure to take phortos of the "big Mama Machine!"We are sooooooo proud of you!!!
Love you more! Mom

Gina Youngren said...

so sorry, Just read my last comments and I cant type so late at night! Was funny moving your stuff to the storage unit today esp when the back of the uhaul opened up and people were honking as your stuff was rolling around on the street behind us!
Be glad we won't be helping you move!

Jeff said...

Thanks, mom :)