2.27.2007

Fun night out!

Last night was so much fun! I went out on the town with two of my friends, Gretchen & Joe, and we had the greatest time. Joe used to be a chef (and I mean a real, real chef, like the kind that work at fancy restaurants) and so he knows so much about food, wine, and the like. So of course, we just followed his lead all night!

We started off by going to "The Temple Bar" in Harvard Square, and it was incredible! You want to know what we had? Of course you do. For appetizers, we had spicy pork riblets and "lomi lomi" salmon civiche. If you know me, you know that I hate seafood and fish of all kinds. But, since we were out with Joe, I decided that I'd try everything once. And I LOVED the salmon! It was yummy! For dinner, I had moroccan lamb steak, Joe had monkfish (which I also tried, and LOVED) and Gretchen had scallops, which were kind of odd to me. Oh, and we had some outstanding Mojitos, and a really great Shiraz.

After the Temple Bar, we went to "Rialto" which Joe said is regarded as one of the top 5 best restaurants in Boston, and it was definitely a classy place. We just wanted dessert, so we hung out in the bar area, which was good because I think if we wanted to go into the main dining room, they wouldn't have let us, on account of our jeans! We ended up having a cheese course with some awesome cheeses (none of them were too stinky) and an incredible bottle of Chardonnay. It was amazing.

We had so much fun, laughed a lot, and really got to know one another better, which I am always down for! This is a pic from Gretchen's camera. I can't believe we didn't take more pictures last night, but we were just too busy having so much dang fun!

0 comments :