2.21.2007

Twenty Years of the Canon EOS System Leads to this Moment: Canon releases the EOS-1D Mark III Digital SLR!



I can't even begin to explain how exciting this is! If you've been around me the past few days, you know how bummed I've been that I ended up having to cancel my latest camera order due to the rebate expiring (long story). But today, all that "being bummed" is over. Canon has made my day - nay - my week by releasing the 1D Mark III!

A ton of people have been hypothesizing for months that Canon had something in the wings in the way of a replacement for the 1D Mark IIn, but nobody thought the news would come until early March, if it happened at all! Well, it happened today! Click here to read the press release from Canon's website.

This is so cool for so many reasons - this camera is by far one of the most advanced digital cameras to ever be produced, and will revolutionize the industry. I really want to get one, but we'll have to wait to see how the thing fairs when it hits the market. Hopefully they'll have it on demo at this year's WPPI in Vegas (which I can't wait for, by the way!)

If anybody has been wondering about a gift to get me, then wonder no more- get me a 1D MkIII!

0 comments :