5.28.2007

Happy Memorial Day


Yesterday Erin and I spent the afternoon aboard the USS Midway, a decommissioned aircraft carrier that's been turned into a museum here in San Diego. The thing is awesome! We actually went on Saturday as well, but didn't get to see everything, so we had to go back for a second day. I was absolutely amazed at the size of the ship - it's truly a floating city.

The picture above is of the "island" or control tower, which is on top of the carrier deck. And that's my hot wife in the foreground. If you're ever in San Diego, you need to check out the Midway. Well worth it! Here's the website.


Seeing where and how all the men live when they are out at sea made me so grateful for their service. They definitely don't live in glamorous conditions, and they don't have a lot of personal space. The term "serving our country" never meant so much to me - these men and women make so many sacrifices in the name of keeping our freedom. And I'm blown away. It really brought it home for me and made me see an aircraft carrier for more than "just a big boat." Very cool.

So, thank you to all those serving in the armed forces, protecting our country, our freedom, and our way of life.

0 comments :