8.25.2007

Mike & Shelly: Engagement

A few weeks ago Erin and I headed up to Laguna Beach to meet up with Mike & Shelly for their engagement session literally days before their wedding! We had a great time with them, and we absolutely adore Mike! He's such a great dude, and he had us (myself, Erin and Shelly) cracking up the whole time with his randomness!

He loves acting out scenarios, so I'd make stuff up and then call "Action!" when it was time for him to get in to character. It was a riot! He'd be just hanging out, and then I'd call action, and he'd flip on the charm and suave and walk over to Shelly and just be Mr. Don Juan. So great!

Anyways, here's a few of my favorites. I was really in a "shooting directly into the sun" mood, which is always fun. I think I'm still seeing spots, though :)

How cool is this phone booth? I love this thing!


They were such good sports, totally up for anything, even getting soaked while we waited for "the perfect wave." I think we got this on the first wave, but we definitely made them sit through at least a dozen more :)




An homage to the traditional "kissing behind the bouquet shot" that all us photographer-types do so much. This ice cream was amazing, cool little gilatto shop in Laguna, I don't remember how to get there though.


Right after I called "action." Don't you love the charm?








I thought this was really sweet. Kinda says a lot, I think. What you don't see in this picture is a dude laying out on the rocks, right in front of Mike. Way to block, Mike! Action!



2 comments :

DrewB said...

Love that phone booth in Laguna! It's always one of my favorite places to shoot. Love the new blog too!

Anonymous said...

Really great work!