10.22.2007

Fire Update

Wow, what an incredible day. No doubt most of you have seen on the news the craziness that has been going on down here in San Diego; I can't believe how many houses have now burned to the ground and how much of San Diego has just burned. This morning my folks got the call to evacuate their house up in Rancho Santa Fe, so we went and helped them get everything of importance out and then brought them down to our place.

At this point, both my parent's house and my Grandmother's house are both ok. My dad and I just went out this afternoon up to Rancho Santa Fe / Rancho Bernardo to check things out, and so I snapped some photos. Sorry for the color/white balance type stuff, I just pretty much took these all straight out of the camera because I wanted to quickly get them up to show to you.

The firefighters down here are doing an AMAZING job, working so hard and tirelessly to protect us. I know a bunch of homes have been lost already, but if it weren't for all these awesome firefighters it would definitely be a lot worse.

Here's a bunch of the images:

1 comments :

Erin said...

FYI - Pictures 13-15 and 88-90 were taken at Jeff's parent's house on the edge of Rancho Bernardo in Rancho Santa Fe. Image 13 is the view of the fire from their backyard in the mid-afternoon - image 88 is the same view about 3 hours later just after the sunset.