10.13.2007

Let me introduce myself...


Although many of you probably know me already, I have actually never officially blogged before - this is my first time ever! Wahoo! I've been meaning to blog for a long time, but as most of us know things like that usually take longer than expected...

If you haven't actually ever met me in person, you may only know me as "the most amazing little baker," "loves pizza when we travel," and "the wifey." And although I'd like to say differently, that pretty much sums me up...

Just kidding. :) I was actually a Literature major in college and two years ago would never have even fathomed that I would be in the middle of this whole photography thing. I was planning on becoming a high school english teacher and while I still haven't entirely given up on that notion, it just doesn't seem to line up with my passions right about now. Instead, I love people and I love moments and I love memories (I am a sentimental romantic to the core!) and that's why wedding photography clicks with something deep inside me that just feels right. I think that's why many wedding photographers just love what they do - we get to experience and capture emotion like no other source really can. And then we get to give that little package of emotion back to the world - and that's exciting.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned before, you may only know me from what my dearest hubby has written about me in the past year or so. So just in case there are any crazy rumors flying around about "the better half" (hahah), I would just like to clear things up a bit (or maybe even confirm some, we'll see).

Five things you may not know about me:

1. I used to swim in the horse pond as a kid and then not shower for five days. (I only did this during the summertime though, or needless to say, I would have been the smelly kid in third grade. Oh, and I don't do it anymore, despite what Jeff might say.)

2. I looooove listening to Garrison Keillor's podcast, The Writer's Almanac, on NPR. Sometimes, I'll even show up late for my 6:45 bible study on Thursday nights, just so I can sit outside in the car and listen to his five minute radio broadcast at 7 pm!! (If any of you ladies from girls night are reading this, I promise I'll try to be on time! Its just soooo good!)

3. I was a bookworm as a kid and had the greatest childhood because of it. In fact, I went to a children's bookstore a few years ago in San Diego and realized that I had read all but two books on the rather large shelf of kids novels that I was looking at. Many of them twice. Wow.

4. We have a crazy cat named Gracie. So cute, but seriously, crazy.

5. I love to scrapbook (what did I tell you about being sentimental?), and I could spend HOURS in a scrapbook store - so many colors and designs, how can you choose?


So keep your eyes out for more posts by yours truly!

- Erin
Posted by Picasa

2 comments :

Jeff said...

I think she still swims in horse ponds :) But, I love her anyways. ;)

Stacy Cross said...

Yaaaay, Erin! Great post! I am so glad you'll be blogging- I'll get to hear from you more often, which means we really can be friends! :)