11.02.2007

Wondeful Friday Night

So, I'm sitting here on the couch, feet up on the coffee table and watching the Discovery Channel with my cat. When I was in college I would call this a super lame night, but right about now I call it absolute paradise! We've had such a busy wedding season, and it's been a ton of work (and it's not over yet!) and so it's sometimes nice just to slow down, stop, and relax.

We've got our last wedding of the year tomorrow, which is Angela and Ken's wedding up at the French Estate in Orange County and I'm so excited for it because Angela is a super talented and creative designer and I just know the wedding is going to be beautiful! I'm also excited because they're bringing in a video crew and the wedding is actually going to be broadcast live on the internet! Sweet!

Anyways, this is how I like to prepare for every wedding - the night before I really like to sit and focus, and just chill out. Usually Erin and I will go out on a date, or make a yummy dinner and curl up for a movie, or something like that.

A question I actually get asked a lot by other photographers is what I do to prepare for weddings. So this would be my biggest suggestion - just relax and get in the right frame of mind. I spend time making sure all my gear is all set- batteries charged, memory cards formatted, lenses & sensors cleaned, and then I have everything all ready to go for the morning. Then I usually sit and reflect on the time I've gotten to spend with the couple up to this point, check out their engagement pictures and remember that time together, and really focus on thinking about the things that make this couple special, and how I'm going to tell their love story in the morning. I know it sounds TOTALLY sappy, but I'm a sappy guy.

Anyways, I've got to get back to relaxing :) Speaking of, check out this video that I just grabbed of of Dane's blog. Think about it.






0 comments :