2.03.2008

Kelly & Jon, Part II

A few weeks ago I got to spend some time up in San Clemente with Kelly & Jon doing a sweet portrait session. I first met Kelly at Martin & Theary's wedding where she was one of the fun awesome bridesmaids. Her husband, Jon, was serving overseas in Iraq, so when he got back we all got together for some photographs.

These two are AWESOME, and I loved every minute of hanging out with them. They were so much fun to photograph, and between pictures we just had some really cool conversations. Jon has some awesome stories of his time overseas - I'm always fascinated by that kind of stuff.

I've been doing this kind of thing more and more, where married couples will ask us to take "Engagement" images of them even though they aren't engaged. It's so much fun! Anyways, here's a few of my favorite images from the day!



Umm, how HOT are they? Wow!




I loved this because no matter what, whenever I'd try to get Jon to look at me, he'd go off and start kissin' on Kelly! He couldn't keep his hands off her - it was so great!


Some SWEET light under the pier, and a perfect moment between the two of them.





I seriously couldn't believe Kelly & Jon - they were absolute naturals in front of the camera. I'm pretty sure both of them are secretly models and they just didn't tell me. How cute is this shot?



Sandy toes! Love it!




Whenever Jon wasn't facing the camera he'd be saying some pretty hysterical things to Kelly - the is her trying to keep it together :)


This is what I love about couples that put up with my photo-ADD that makes me drag them all over the place looking for cool light and sweet backgrounds. This is a random tunnel that goes under the train tracks - but the light was gorgeous down there!


Beautiful.




I loved this moment between the two of them. I snapped this while I said "You don't need to do anything, I'm just dialing in the light and getting all set. Just hang out." To all my couples, whenever I say that, I'm totally lying :) Hehe!


I almost died getting this shot - I was hanging from the chain link that covered this bridge so I could get high enough to snap this picture. I loved the depth to the image :)




Another "let me dial this in, do whatever you want" image :) So cute. She LOVES him so much!


Thanks you guys - I had an absolute blast with you! Hopefully we'll get to hang out soon!

0 comments :