2.03.2008

Kelly & Jon

I first met Kelly back in September at Martin & Theary's wedding, where she was one of the super fun and cool bridesmaids that Erin and I got to hang out with! I was stoked because a few weeks after that wedding Kelly and I began working on a super-secret project for her husband, Jon, who was serving overseas in the Army. Kelly sent me a little pictures from a point and shoot camera and said "Let's do something cool with this!"

So I got to play around and give the image a bunch of Photoshop lovin' and we came up with this image, which we made a 15x30 canvas print out of - it looked AWESOME! Kelly had the print in her office for a few days before giving it to Jon and everybody said she was the best wife ever- and I think Jon would agree because he LOVED the image - check it out:


Jon told me the whole story behind this image, and trust me, it's NUTS! Basically they found this facility and one thing lead to another and they just straight up blew the thing up. Awesome! I am SO appreciative every day to all the men & women who serve in the armed forces, and it is so rad to hear all the stories from guys like Jon. :) So cool!

I did a sweet shoot with Jon & Kelly a few weeks ago before they moved to Alaska (brrrrr) and I was going to include that in this post, but I just felt that this rad image of Jon deserved it's own post!

0 comments :