9.30.2007

First Fish Tacos!

It's true, up until today, I had never had fish tacos before. Never. Not once. Make fun of me all you want, but I just don't like seafood. Erin and I both don't like seafood enough that we actually have it in our contract that at the weddings we do that we don't want seafood (are we too picky you think?)

Well anyways, when I fist met Kelly & Flip, we met at Wahoo's and somehow we got on the topic of me never having fish Tacos, and Kelly decided that needed to change. So she gave me some gift certificates, and Erin and I made the trip over to Wahoo's and did it. Video evidence below. My impressions? They weren't that bad, but they weren't that good either. If I was choosing between blackened chicken and fish, I'd choose the chicken, but maybe the fish will grow on me!

Check out the uber dork moment like 5 seconds in. Oh yes.


7 comments :

Stacy Cross said...

This video makes me really sad that we don't live close to you guys!

I love fish tacos!!! Seriously - I pretty much always get them if they're on the menu. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeff!!!!! I'm sooo proud of you!!!! I know that was a huge step! Good job!!!! Hahaha. I was laughing sooo hard. At least you tried it once, but I promise they'll grow on you. =).

Anonymous said...

Fish Tacos are my fav all time food. My 1st one came from a stand in Tecate, Mexico....but when we moved to Texas people looked at me like I had 3 heads...but thankfully they are starting to be a big thing here...thank goodness!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

if you want to try a fish taco that doesn't taste fishy AT ALL rubios is your place. i guarantee it. they're awesome!

Jeff said...

Stacy- move to San Diego. I'll buy you a fish taco. Well, at least come visit :)

Kelly- Thanks for encouraging me! I feel like it's such an accomplishment that I actually tried one! Wahoo!!

Andie- I hear the fish tacos from stands in Mexico are amazing. I'm definitely going to try one next time I'm down there!

Dave- Let's go grab one sometime - maybe before the next PUG?

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

hey jeff, sounds awesome. tuesdays is dolla feesh taco day. the 16th possibly?

Justin said...

Dude, Rubio's is where you need to go for fish tacos. I'm telling you, it's all about the white sauce. You won't even know you're having fish, you'll just think it's a little slice of heaven in a tortilla.